The Association of Public-Safety Communications Officials – International, Inc. – APCO International – is the world’s oldest and largest not-for-profit professional organization dedicated to the enhancement of public safety communications.
With more than 30,000 members around the world, APCO International exists to serve the people who manage, operate, maintain, and supply the communications systems used to safeguard the lives and property of citizens everywhere.
Our members come from every type of public safety organization imaginable…
- 9-1-1 Centers
- Law Enforcement Agencies
- Emergency Medical Services
- Fire Departments
- Public Safety Departments
- Emergency Management Centers
- Transportation Agencies & Facilities
- Forestry Services
- Colleges & Universities
- Military Units
- Technical & Repair Services
- and dozens of similar organizations…
APCO International’s mission is to:
- Foster the development and progress of the art of public safety communications by means of research, planning, training and education.
- Promote cooperation between towns, cities, counties, states, and federal public safety agencies in the area of communications.
- Represent its members before communications regulatory agencies and policy-making bodies as may be appropriate, and through its efforts, strive toward the end that the safety of human life, the protection of property and the civic welfare are benefited to the utmost degree.
- Aid and assist in the rapid and accurate collection, exchange and dissemination of information relating to emergencies and other vital public safety functions.
NAPCO ByLaws *Updated December 2019*
NAPCO Strategic Plan *Updated January 2023*
Northern California APCO Original 1942 Charter